I swear there isn’t any other person out there into movies like I am. I get that there are movie critics and shit like that but they always seem to have stupid reviews. I love movies and I have loved many a “B” movie in that mix. I try not to discriminate based on the producer. I guess it helps that the producer isn’t going to give me shit for promoting or dis’ing them.
But that also means you’ll get a true review. I love a movie that moves me to work. But there are also movies I just love to listen to while I work. Here are a few movies that cause both issues!
- Julie and Julia – This week would have been Julia’s 100th bday. The woman was amazing and I love this movie. This movie makes me get to kicking butt on my foodie blog. Whatever you do, don’t research Julie. You will be severely disappointed. I wish I could read the original blog posts. I also really wish I hadn’t looked her up. To the point I didn’t put her full name here so it won’t come up in search engines lol
- Chronicles of Riddick – This is my one of my goto movies. I love Vin Diesel. The man rocks my world from afar. In fact I put the movie in because I started blogging about it. lol You won’t understand my excitement for getting a third movie after 9 years! Release is finally coming out in 2013. It’s the 3rd because Pitch Black was the first in the “series”. I still like that movie a lot but IMO it doesn’t hold up to the suspense and story of chronicles.
- The Social Network – If you are an entrepreneur then you want to be like Zuckerberg. Whether the story is true to life or not, you just want to do it.
- Resident Evil – This complete series is on my listen to list and played all the time. I have my youngest teen addicted to them also. We hit Jovavich on opening day. Next release will be a midnight showing because he’s plenty old enough at 14 to make that call for a crappy school day lol I own the series in DVD AND blu-ray because my family knows to buy my favs for our newer blu-ray player. I really need to ebay the dvd collection.I’ve watched all four of them in a marathon too many times to count.
- 28 weeks later – I can’t help it, I’m zombie obsessed. My family has gotten used to it. Out of the two movies this one is my preferred. I do watch both of them and I see something new each time I watch. They will probably creep you out with some real ideas. Don’t let them out, the monkeys are infected with RAGE!
- Shaun of the Dead – By far the funniest zombie movie ever. That says a lot because I’ve watched just about all of them. Watching this movie you can just imagine Simon Pegg actually being this part. I follow him on twitter and he’s such a great goof. This is the first zombie movie I can remember the three of us watching together. If we got my oldest to watch a movie with us I can be assured the world is coming to an end.
- Zombieland – See, I told you I’m zombie obsessed. This one sparks some good topics for what not to do along with a ton of funny. The rules are definitely created by someone who’s a zombie lover. Cardio, double tap…these are all things we know from watching decades of movies.
I know I have more movies that I keep on for background noise because I can recite them and not actually have to watch. But I’m always on the hunt for more movies that motivate me to work.
I wish over the years of owning this blog I’d gotten reviews up. By now I’d surely be hired on as a movie critic. I’m on netflix for streaming and blockbuster so I can trade movies in asap. I love going to the theater but with teens that just isn’t possible with how may movies I want to see. I’ve gone to a few movies pre-release and honestly it makes me giddy to think of them. However, not all of them were awesome and I’m not afraid to say so because you gave me free tickets lol Hell, I don’t care how much money you give me, you are paying for my honest opinion on the movie or you wouldn’t be contacting me.
Anyway, I’m a movie dork. I can’t keep track of the amount of movies I watch in a week, let alone a year. I see them all when they come out on DVD. I probably just blew your mind with my random choices above lol
What are your favs? Do they inspire you to work or just help you pass some serious downtime?