Damn it’s been hot in Seattle this summer. Hot as in, “holy bawls are we in California” hot.
Ok, my friends in Cali just rolled their eyes hard enough I could feel it up here. But dudes, it’s true. Plus, we aren’t used to this. Take your damn polar change back to your own state. I want my green state back.
It has made the drinks taste even better though. I have some extra pounds to prove it. ACK, we’ll save that for another post. No one wants to think about the calorie count when we’re talking about margaritas.
But hey, these are with fresh fruit…
so we’re on to something there right?
It’s fresh fruit.
We need that in our diet.
Mangos are a fruit I love to hate. I’m obviously missing the easy way to get the fruit away from the pit. Guess I could google that. Instead if you have any tips to make it happen smoother, write them below please. I love mangos but I rarely buy them because I don’t want to wrestle with them.
This margarita is worth it though. I like to get fancy margaritas when we go out. If I end up with just mixer and tequila I’m going to be annoyed. Heaven forbid if the margarita comes out of the tap. OMG so yuck!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to drink it, but I’m probably going to complain about it the entire time. Yes, hubby’s favorite past time…listen to Val complain about dumb stuff.
- 1 cup fresh mango, chopped (about 1½ mangos)
- ¼ cup lime juice (the fresher the better)
- ½ cup white tequila (not the cheap crap)
- ¼ cup grand marnier
- 2-3 cups ice
- In a blender add mango, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec.
- Time to taste test. If your mango was ripe and sweet it should be fine. If not add 1 tsp of honey until you hit desired sweetness.
- Add 2 cups ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with mango slices OR I like maraschino cherry and a mango slice.
- I also like to put a half a shot of tequila on top 😉